The Hound of the Wolf

For the strength of Pack is in the Wolf, and the strength of Wolf is in the Pack -Rudyard Kipling

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Burn out or rust off??

Am I burning out? Am I rusting-off? I am not so sure. Yesterday, I went to Malibay health center to fix their disconnected LAN. The cause of the problem is not new anymore. The server failed to start the DHCP daemon and it happens unpredictably. Restarting the process and making sure that it will always run had somehow fix the problem. But for how long? I think until when the time Malibay calls up again to report the same problem. To make sure that this won't happened again, I gave them an basic instructions on how to troubleshoot a networks. My definition for RUSTING-OFF: Doing the same thing that you should not be doing over and over again. And that is the case for this experience.

Due to large amount of time given to finish my Special Problem (thesis), I honestly say that I have neglected ongoing programming projects in work. That is three project to be exact. Now, October came and I got no choice but to literally cram to finish this stuffs. First in line is a Course Evaluation counter program, next is an Asthma Patient Registry software and third, Professorial Chair Information System. There is no rest at all after finishing my SP. My definition for BURN-OUT: taking great amount of workload due to time constraints and work attitude and having difficulty to decide which task should be given first priority.

The answer in my opening question is that I am torn between to cruel self-inflicted situations, partly burn-out and partly rusting-off. But my personal belief is that it is more ideal to be burn out than rusting off because it brings out the best of what I can give off. My term for this is CREATIVE CRAMMING.