Looking back, looking forward
A year after my last pilgrimage to my blog, I am here again. It's the start of 2013's last quarter and the past 1 year have brought me new highs as well as lows. Nothing is lost, all gain because of the learnings. For the past 1 year, these are the following highlights:
1. What was supposed to be a brief stay in Tarlac was extended to a 4 years. Got the opportunity to work on a final contract for RTI Qualcomm project until the end of October
2. Managed to go to various provinces again after a 3 year hiatus. Thanks to the partnership with ZFF. Ipil in Zamboanga Sibugay, Dao in Capiz, Libon in Albay, Don Salvador in Negros Occidental, The Whole Maguindanao, Cotabato City, Sultan Kudarat, Davao City, South Cotabato, GenSan and Zamboanga City.
3. Finally, spent some time with my wife Shielo and daughter, Yza for "us only" trips. In February, it was Yza's first visit to Manila as we spent time in Intramuros, Rizal Park, Manila Ocean Park. In July, we went to Baguio, Vigan and some areas in Ilocos Norte. We even saw the preserved remains of the late Pres. Marcos. We are planning to go somewhere south by December.
4. Reinstated for my UPOU masters degree. MRR status nowadays. Survive or die come April 2014. Accepted to a free online HL7 training course.
5. Increased mentoring and teaching related tasks at work. Looking forward to moving on to the next RTI project.
6. Working on a big e-Education project until 2014. Has an upcoming overseas trips in Singapore and hopefully, Tokyo before the year ends.
As I am traversing through this busy life, I will have to remind myself that all activities should and always be leading towards my short and long term goals. My goals are much more simplified:
1. Be the best husband, father and child that I can be
2. Be the most ultimate and consummate professional
3. Be a sponge and learn as much as I could. Give back to others.
Simple goals. Rudimentary yet only essential steps to undertake. Life simplified.