The Hound of the Wolf

For the strength of Pack is in the Wolf, and the strength of Wolf is in the Pack -Rudyard Kipling

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Making Broadcom WLAN worked in Ubuntu

My two and a half-year old laptop is partitioned into two operating system: Window$ XP and Ubuntu 8.04. Majority of the programming and development work will be done the Ubuntu partition while Windows is for multimedia (flash, audio ripping) and image manipulation (paintshop pro). It was only today that I was able to make the Broadcom B43 WLAN worked under Ubuntu. Thanks to Ubuntu's warning messages. It led me to linuxwireless.Org

A simple issuance of apt-get install b43-fwcutter plus the use of wifi-radar app did the magic. Good bye Windows XP.



I should post this breakthrough to pinoymoneytalk.com technology area. But I wonder how many of the PMT members are using Ubuntu?