The Hound of the Wolf

For the strength of Pack is in the Wolf, and the strength of Wolf is in the Pack -Rudyard Kipling

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cold Summer Nights

It's Mid-April and the sun is really torridly flaming. Since December, I have been nocturnal due to the extreme coldness of the night. I am still nocturnal now but for a different reason. The heat in the morning is zapping my energy that nothing is left for me to do a work. No choice but to do it in the wee hours of the night. I've been enjoying this set up lately.


Working alone makes the focus better thus can result to better productivity. Yet, working alone also helps me to remind of different memories in the past vividly. Summer nights are truly sentimental to me. It was three summers ago when my father suffered from stroke. Each night leading to the day of his death was full of drama and restlessness. Summers have never been the same again since then.


This year's summer will be momentous. It is the period when major transitions, planning and preparation for something BIG are happening. Despite how erratic things are lately, i positive that all are still in line with my short, medium and long term goals. It's "calmness before the storm" mode nowadays.


And by the way, as a tribute to Francis M, I am posting one of his hit songs way back in the 90's entitled "Cold Summer Nights".