The Hound of the Wolf

For the strength of Pack is in the Wolf, and the strength of Wolf is in the Pack -Rudyard Kipling

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Midweek Contemplations

It has been over 5 days since I wrote my last entry here. It is because of the toxicities in life I am having right now. Last Saturday, I consulted my thesis' final paper adviser to know if he had already seen and checked my paper. Unfortunately, he did not even read the paper at that time and gave me an uncertain answer on when can I consult him again. The lesson I realized here is that "Patience is a virtue until you run out of it" :> But somehow, my then "would-be" unproductive visit to school over the weekend had changed. Thanks to Pam for making that Saturday afternoon worthwhile. It has been a mentally stimulating experience exchanging insights and ideas with her about CHITS, IT stuffs, her PGH rotation experiences and some personal matters over cups of McDo's McFlurry.

Sunday was as usual as the past ones. Rest, eat, sleep, exercise and program. I conditioned by self then to be as productive as I can be for the incoming week. Then came Monday. My CRAMMING INSTINCTS and CAPABILITY were somewhat tested. And it is still being tested until now.

Tuesday was a system administration day. I got the chance to chat with Eric Pareja, UP Manila System Administrator and discussed some solutions on how to further improve the performance of a resource scarce server. As a novice sys ad, it was trully an empowering experience getting solutions and help from a respected Linux sysad like Eric. While the solution done was for short-term basis, it bolstered the performance of CM's server significantly. No further discussion on the technical details in a public forum like blogs (a paranoid sysad's rule).

Today, Wednesday, there is nothing new as well. But I am very optimistic that everything shall end well for the day. Btw, I am almost done in doing 1 of my three priority projects. At last, the beast is starting to be unleashed!