The Hound of the Wolf

For the strength of Pack is in the Wolf, and the strength of Wolf is in the Pack -Rudyard Kipling

Monday, October 17, 2005

Just another manic Monday

It is the first day of the week. There are so many plans that were laid out over the weekend. I hope that I didn't overestimate the tasks in my plan that I need to do over this week. Here it goes:

1. Deploy CEBS in one of our development server. Make sure that the application is bug-free (at least, for now).
2. Consolidate all paper form and manuals related the faculty database I have been doing. Integrate new features and update databases to make sure that everything in the paper form is covered.
3. Finish doing the admin and encoder modules for the Asthma registry.
4. Restore applications and database from the original yet failing server hard disk to a newer one.
5. Begin coding the Professorial Chair information system.
6. Consistently follow up my thesis paper from the thesis panel head.
7. Facilitate papers in order to promote DrBlog in PGH departments via posters and the like.

I have done only one of the seven tasks today. It seems that I need to take more vitamins to accelerate. :D

Earlier this day, I noticed that there were only few buses populating the street. This is a result of the new road policy implemented starting today by the MMDA to help on decongesting EDSA and to lessen if not eradicate the colorum buses. I will have a firsthand experience on effects of this "brilliant" policy later on. No, I am not a bus driver but rather a plain, struggling commuter.

Quote for the day: "Stay fool, stay hungry" (from the speech of Apple's Steve Jobs in Stanford University's commencement exercise this year)