The Hound of the Wolf

For the strength of Pack is in the Wolf, and the strength of Wolf is in the Pack -Rudyard Kipling

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Lost in Singapore (day 0)

In less than 16 hours, the soles of my blue sandals will be touching the cemented soil of Changi International Airport, Singapore. First time in Singapore, no idea on how things shall be in the following days. Armed with the recommendations and tips from friends who have been to Singapore, I am confident that I can roam around the city without looking like lost. Attending the AOSS conference is something I look forward but I am also on the verge of reaffirming the notion on how Singapore really look like. It is inevitable that an immediate comparison will be made between Singapore and Manila. Yes, the highly urbanized, "close to utopia" Singapore may have an unsurmountable edge over Manila. But still, Manila is where my heart is.

Some things that I would like to immediately explore:
a. The Singaporeans perception to the Philippine
b. How friendly the Singaporeans are
c. How does a state-of-the-art urban setup looks like
d. Where is best place to exchange Singaporean dollar currency
d. How to go our venue ...

The same topic title will appear on the succeding posts as this will serve as my travel log in my 1-week stay in Singapore.