The Hound of the Wolf

For the strength of Pack is in the Wolf, and the strength of Wolf is in the Pack -Rudyard Kipling

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Lost in Singapore (day 1)

After three hours and 55 minutes of flight from Manila to Singapore, flight PR 503 has finally landed in Changi International Airport. My apprehension has ceased knowing that there are many Filipinos onboard on which I can go with or of ask some questions. The well-developed, mall-like (it is actually a mall) interior of the Changi Airport makes one think if such environment represents the malls in Singapore as a whole. My initial goal are as follows:
a. Find the fairest and most decent currency exchange sites.
b. Find a three-prong British type power adaptor
c. Locate Changi CG2 MRT Terminal

66.67% failure rate. But the good thing is I was able to secure a modest rate at P100=S$3.325 rate. Crap, after desperately looking for the entrance of the Skytrain, I decided take a cab to Oxford Hotel and was charged with $15.00. Damn it!

The first few "not so nice" hours of being Singapore was overshadowed by the explorations I made. The first few places I visited includes the Bugis Mall, a certain Art Museum (forgot the name) and the National Library (without the free wifi,no blog entry for today). I am waiting for the library close before proceeding to Bencoolen street to venture to the hawker stalls this time.

Some shots for the day:


Ang linis ng kalye. This is Middle Road, SG